The shower area in your bathroom is not only there to get you cleaned and freshened up. It can also energize you in the morning and help you get rid of stress at the end of the day. Stepping inside the shower can really help you relax and enjoy the refreshing effect of water on your body and its calming effect to the soul. You can enjoy the benefits of a good shower even more if you’ve got the perfect fixtures, as well as shower accessories inside. Whether you’re giving your home bathroom a beautiful finish, remodeling your shower room or simply making a rented home bathroom work for you, you will need to get some shower accessories in there and design the area creatively. So, how do you achieve the best shower experience in the bathroom? Here are a few important tips from our bathroom and shower experts:
- Visualize a stylish design that works for you. A plan usually starts with a vision- the end you have in mind. What kind of style suits your personality? What theme or color scheme goes well with your home design? There are some themes that never go out of date, like floral prints and pretty geometrical patterns. You might also just stick to your favorite color. You can experiment with shapes and colors. Whatever it is that you want, it will surely help you pick out the type of accessories you’ll need. Furthermore, your visualized design will guide you into choosing items which fit harmoniously in the overall beautification project.
- Make a list of the most important accessories. Your list will guide you in buying the things you need and prevent you from buying things you don’t. It will also keep you from buying accessories of duplicated function. So, start with the most basic like a shower curtain, the rod to hang it on, and a set of hooks, a shower caddy and a shower mat. Then, you can move on to other accessories.
- Choose a Space-Friendly Shower Caddy. A shower caddy is a must. You could choose one that looks really stylish while helping you maximize your shower space. When buying a shower caddy, bear in mind everything that you like to include in your toiletries. If you have a tub inside, another caddy just beside the tub would make bathing convenient.
- Choose a high-quality shower mat and some stylish floor deckings. These two don’t have to be pretty. But if you’re going for a particular theme, these two can make quite a statement in the shower. These two can disguise themselves as fancy, decorative things while actually doing much for you.
- Make it all functional. Do not clutter up your shower area by putting too much fancy things which don’t do anything other than being pretty. Prioritize function, but also keep style in mind.
- Always go for quality shower accessories. In the shower, everything gets regularly wet. Anything made of inferior materials wouldn’t last long. Worse, it could be dangerous.